Baby & Postnatal Yoga (4 Mos +)
A gentle and safe postnatal class for parents and their babies from 16 weeks to crawling
Our Baby & Postnatal Yoga classes offer more of an emphasis on postnatal yoga for mums so they strengthen, tone and align after birth as babies get heavier and more demanding! As always classes are nurturing and help to build a strong bond with your baby using light-hearted and effective yoga practices to benefit both of you
This is an ideal class for newbies as well as those who have been coming to InJoy yoga classes already, and providing an environment where mothers can stop to feed and tend to babies at any point. Our supportive classes offer mothers the opportunity to have a few moments of ‘me-time’, some time to bond with baby, to be heard and discuss any mother or baby-related issues, as well as meet other local mums and babies
The Benefits of Baby & Postnatal Yoga
- Discover relaxed baby holds, good feeding alignment and happy baby yoga feeding practices
- Yoga poses and exercises specifically to help mother and baby; sooth crying babies, colic, constipation, reflux, and promoting digestion, confidence, development of co-ordination and relaxation.....the secret to babies sleeping better!
- Pelvic floor and abdominal core muscle toning for mums....lose weight safely and get strong as you carry your baby around. Baby workout!
- Cranio-sacral re alignment through mother and baby yoga
- Postnatal Yoga postures to ease tight 'feeding shoulders', sore backs and stress incontinence. Feel fit, vital and energised as you get stronger, doing baby yoga moves that are nurturing baby, and nurturing you too.
Emotional Advantages of Yoga
Easy yoga sound practices to sooth, calm and nourish you both
Relaxation and breathing postnatal yoga exercises that will help you to feel calm, centered and grounded
Meet other mums with babies of a similar age and discover the enjoyment of a nurturing, relaxed and supportive mother and baby group.
Lower stress and anxiety, ease depression and winter blues
Meet Your Teacher: Charmaine Murray
Charmaine first joined InJoy Yoga pregnant with her 2nd child who she gave birth to at home. Rosanna was her teacher through pregnancy and baby yoga. Read More
Have a read below of some of our sparkling customer testimonials for this class
I cannot praise enough the fun, love, understanding, friendship and joy I've discovered in this class
This class has helped me so much, both in physically recovering and also psychologically.
I am now a very happy and relaxed mother.
The best yoga class I have ever and I've seen the benefits it can have on babies too!