Booking information (new window)
St Augustine's Church
Quaker Meeting House
- Therapeutic Alignment
- Birth Preparation Workshop
- Postnatal Recovery
- Core Strength & Alignment
- Meditation Course
- Yoga for anxiety & depression
- Abdominal Super Tone
- Baby Massage Workshop
- Cacao Ceremony & Sound Bath
Baby Massage Workshop
Saturday, 27 April 2019 from 11:00-12:00
Most of us as new mummas have not had the experience of caring for a brand new newborn until the day we meet our new bubba!
InJoy! have teamed up with Birthlight to design a special kit to equip new mothers with skills to respond to our new babiesin positive and enjoyable ways.
Very simple instructions are walked through at your speed to adapt postures and ways of holding babiesthat can make all the difference to our bond with our new bubbas and mummies overall well-being. InJoy! offers well tried and trusted practices that help mothers to nurture themselves and their newborns during the most wonderful time they have together.
Whether your pregnancy was easy or a more challenging time, the early weeks and months create a foundation that has far reaching benefits for parents and children later in life. For this reason, Injoy! has given special attention to very early nurturing practices in this lovely class. , founder of Birthlight has been greatly influenced by the nurturing rituals that new mothers and also new fathers experience in the Amazon rainforest. In parts of the world where postnatal traditions are still respected, yet there is a need to adapt them to a modern lifestyle.
Our practices for Mother & BabyMassageinclude:
- Baby massage(clothed massage, dry massage, full body massage, therapeutic touch)
- Active bonding through infant feeding (however you and your babychoose to feed)
- Relaxed & Positive holds (for crying babies or babies who do not like to sleep)
- Emotional awareness and positive use of voice for babytalk
- Napping techniques to compensate for mother’s lack of sleep
- Access to deep rest to overcome fatigue (for the whole family)
Equipment to bring with you: A Towel & Changing Mat
Do you need Booking and Venue information?
You can see all the current classes, workshops and other events on our Welcome Page