Towards the latter part of the pregnancy you may start focusing more on the birth and baby. Any fears or concerns about the birth can be released using EFT as well as focusing on a positive birth experience.
As birth approaches EFT can be used with issues such as encouraging labour in an overdue pregnancy, a breech baby, stimulating a labour that is slow to progress and more.
Tamara Donn's site www.eftforwomen.co.uk is packed with information and tools to support you in this phase.
Watch this video with two women talking about their experiences of using EFT for pregnancy fears and birth trauma:
EFT can also be used to overcome previous birth trauma.If you have had traumatic births in the past or suffered the emotional and psychological pain of a miscarriage or stillbirth, EFT can be used to clear the memory of these events on a cellular level and help to create a positive mindset for subsequent conception, pregnancy and birth.
If you know that your own birth was traumatic, EFT can be used to overcome any fears you have of having a similar experience with your baby's birth.
You can also use EFT to overcome ancestral birth trauma which can still leave imprints in your own cellular memory. Afterall, the egg that made you was being carried in your grandmother's womb when she was growing you mother! Taking time to find out as much as you can about your own family history of birth, both maternal and paternal, and your partner's birth ancestral patterns will help make conscious what is stored in your subconscious memory bank. The benefit of doing this means that you are clearing any potential trigger for re experiencing those memories at the time of your baby's birth when you are at your most open and therefore at your most vulnerable. As birth occurs as a result of primitive instincts and drives, fear and trauma is best cleared so that it doesnt have the potential to interfear with these instinctual drives.
Affirmations can be used with EFT to clear old blocks and and make more positive associations with birth.
To clear ancestral trauma:
- I release all the birth traumas of the past generations, myself and all future generations.
- I release all imprints of fear and suffering from my cellular memory and that of my baby's.
- I carry forward all the strength and power of all the women who have ever birthed.
To clear trauma from previous births:
- Even though I'm terrified of going through the same trauma again, I deeply love and accept myself.
- Even though I'm scared I'm going to , I deeply love and accept myself.
- I now choose to release all trauma from my previous births on a cellular level.
- I trust in my instinct to know how to birth my baby gently.
To clear your own birth trauma:
- Even though my birth was , I deeply love and accept myself.
- Even though I'm scared that , I deeply love and accept myself.
- I now choose to clear all memories of fear, trauma, pain and anxiety around my own birth on a cellular level.