EFT for Pregnancy & Birth : Affirmations (covered in our yoga classes)
Using positive statements of intent helps to shift limiting thoughts, memories and beliefs (often unconscious ones) that can be preventing you from feeling safe enough to enjoy your pregnancy.
What you focus on grows, and if most of your subconscious or conscious thoughts convey a negative image of pregnancy, birth and/or motherhood, this will be contributing to any health/emotional issues you are experiencing.
How Affirmations Work
Affirmations work by re-programming the subconscious mind to make more positive connections (neuro pathways) around a particular issue. The body quite literally reacts to what the brain tells it via biofeedback. Positive thinking works by creating more favourable conditions on a cellular level to promote what is desired, by making conscious and releasing that which is not aligned with that intent.
Mantra is an ancient form of 'affirmation' where a certain internal vibration is achieved through the repetition of specific seed sounds and combinations of those sounds. This works in a slightly different way to statements of intent as it bypasses the conscious mind by working with sounds rather than words. The effect is felt without a cognitive evaluation of whether the statement is 'believed' or not.
EFT works both by clearing limiting thoughts, feelings, beliefs and memories and also planting positive seeds (statements of intent). Combining the practise of tapping on meridian points (EFT) along with making a positive statement (affirmation), makes that statement a lot more powerful in that it penetrates deeper into the subconscious mind. This culminates in faster results! Using positive imagery, sound and affirmations is even more effective.
Your Own Affirmation Video
InJoy! has comissioned Pauline Sarit to create a short three minute video combining all of these aspects. By watching and listening to the movie whilst using the tapping points, you will be able to anchor the positive statements much more deeply and in time, just listening to the music will evoke all those positive statements! This is ideal to watch throughout your pregnancy in preparation for your baby's arrival and when you are in labour you can listen to the music in order to recall the all that positivity and trust.
If you would like to speak to Pauline about having your own special movie created please contact her directly.
Here are a couple of statements you can start with. Notice how your body feels after you make the statement and what thoughts come up in response to saying the statements. These may be feelings and thoughts you need to release from your cellular memory in order to create more fertile ground.
Please look at the tapping points (opens in a new window) you can use to make your affirmations more effective. We recommend you print the page and and tap each points given in the picture on your own body at least seven times gently with your fingertips before moving to the next point in the sequence.
- I am enjoying becoming a mum!
- I receive all the love and support from around me
- It is safe for me to ask for what I need
- I am the most important person in my baby's world. How I feel matters and I choose to feel safe
- I am open and honest with myself and my baby and all those who surround me
- I trust myself to know exactly what to do for myself and my baby
- I am supported by life in every way. All my needs are met
- Me and my baby are one. I now choose to create peace within me and around me
- I let my baby know how I'm feeling and that I am supported at all times
- As I change my view of the world the world around me changes. I now choose JOY!
- I allow myself to slow down. I am learning my baby's pace
- I nourish my body with foods and experiences that are good for me and my baby
- I only crave what is good for me
- I trust my care team. I only attract to me health proffessionals that mirror the love I feel for my baby.
- My womb is full of love. I lovingly release the past
We also have affirmations for labour and birth.