Birthlight Pregnancy (Antenatal) Yoga Classes
Yoga for expectant Mums from 14 weeks pregnant to birth
Pregnancy Yoga has really helped me to address some of my fears about labour and to lay them to rest.
Sublimely relaxing and I could guarantee that at least one night a week I would sleep really well!
I am now a matter of days away from the birth and feel better prepared for having done this class.
Yoga is wonderful during pregnancy and at InJoy we offer the internationally acclaimed Birthlight antenatal yoga classes. We offer the flexiblity of attending one of our three classes each week and a private Facebook group to support you through your pregnancy journey with us.
What You Will Learn
Carefully adapted classic yoga postures, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that promote harmony, joy, trust and self confidence.
- Ease the common aches and pains associated with pregnancy (back pain, pelvic pain, sciatica, sleeplessness and breathlessness, swollen joints etc).
- Promote harmony, trust and self confidence to ease fear, anxiety, stress and depression.
- Understand the clever role of your hormones during pregnancy and birth and how to make them work for you!
- Learn breathing techniques to relax body and mind and relieve pain during labour.
- Deep relaxation for better sleep during pregnancy and more energy!
- Nurturing through massage and partner work to increase trust in your care team and learn practices you can try at home with your birth partner.
- Prenatal bonding between Mummy and Baby through breath, sound and movement and conscious communication
- Align, tone, open and strengthen your body in preparation for birth. Discover how to tone or relax more, dependant on your individual needs.
- Learn the art of relaxation and meditation... life saving tools for pregnancy, birth and parenthood!
- Deepen your understanding of your body and how it works through learning more about the female pelvis and the variations in shape that can influence both how your baby 'presents' at birth and how the labour progresses.
- Everything we offer is to empower you to make the birth and care choices that are right for your family.
Our Tuesday evening classes are open to fathers and birthing partners to attend, on a termly or ad hoc basis, for an extra £6 per class.
Please note that antenatal yoga classes go under the banner 'antenatal care' for the NHS which means you are entitled to PAID time off work to attend. Please have a look at the DirectGov website for more details.
Find out more about why yoga is so good for you during pregnancy
Need more information?
You will find
- all our application and registration forms,
- maps of and directions to all the venues we use,
- information on how to pay, and
- information on what to bring/wear to Classes or Workshops
...all on our Booking Information page.
Or you can go ahead and BOOK THIS CLASS NOW.
InJoy! provided me with this and Tuesday night pregnancy yoga with Rozy quickly became my favourite time of the week. Rozy was welcoming and nurturing from the outset, providing a sacred space to feel accepted and reassured. She has a special gift for making other people feel important, validated and nurtured and this creates an atmosphere of trust and acceptance within the group. Sadly I have to say farewell to the group due to relocating but I will try to hold onto the ethos Rozy creates and use the DVDs as much as possible!
Of course like all first time mums I was 'all over the place' and Rozy's classes seemed to make me relax into the idea that I was actually going to have a baby! She has so much energy and lots of great ideas, phrases and expressions for every occasion. I have problems with my pelvis and Rozy taught me some handy stretches and breathing techniques.
I was blessed with a fantastic labour in Mayday birth centre, jumping on the ball and in the pool whilst listening to dance tunes on my iPod! My boyfriend said I was using my yoga breathing loads. I truly feel that my positive birthing experience is due in large part to pregnancy yoga. It gave me a chance to not only become more in tune with my own body, but also to learn the art of relaxation and meditation on a whole new level.
My pregnancy was not free from complications by any means; however, I was more able to overcome each hurdle and trust everything would be okay because of what yoga has done for me.
My labour was 2.5 hours with no tearing. I'm convinced Rosanna's yoga classes helped me considerably! They helped prepare my body, but also and most importantly my breathing and focus during labour. I found it's not about pushing the baby out using stomach muscles, but breathing her out!
As a result of the natural delivery my recovery was also incredibly quick; I walked out of hospital the next day! Thank you!
It was hard work and pretty long as contractions started sporadically throughout Friday night and were pretty intense from midday Saturday. Nevertheless I was really happy that it all went naturally and the water birth was ideal for me - a lot less tiring for the legs!
Thanks very much for all the advice throughout the weeks of Sunday morning Yoga classes - I always looked forward to them. It helped me immensely to know what to expect and to have suggestions to act on to sort out all the minor aches / pains and positioning of the baby beforehand.
For those just seeking yoga, this is a gentle, rejuvenating and calming class. For those seeking more, it nurtures the beginnings of a spiritual journey to motherhood. Rosanna has a fantastic knack of matching the mood of her class, always finding out how everyone is feeling and designing the class around the energy of the group. Some evenings were invigorating and energizing, others were simply deeply relaxing, but it was agreed by everyone in the group that Thursday evenings were always the ones we looked forward to the most in our week!
This class is not just about a series of exercises, it is sharing valuable information, looking at 'natural' childbirth, looking at alternatives to what the medical profession may push on you, very simple techniques for changing the position of your baby to avoid unnecessary medical intervention and of course breathing and creating more room in the small space that you and your growing baby are sharing!
Rozy is armed with information including handouts on every aspect of birthing (and after). I could go on and on! If you are reading this then you have already decided that yoga may be for you... I cannot recommend highly enough.
I would like to say thanks to you and your team for being a wonderful support throughout this amazing journey of my pregnancy and would recommend your classes to each and every pregnant woman I meet from now on.
As I now gear up for my delivery and bringing my baby to this world, I will remember your exercises and will put them into practice.